Saturday, March 04, 2006

Oscar Picks

When it comes to the Academy Awards, it's important to differentiate between who I want to win and who probably will win, especially if I'm voting in a pool with money on the line! As I've discovered the hard way, following my heart tends to empty my wallet.

So here are my choices for most of the big categories, reflecting my best guess of the industry buzz (Will Win) and my favorites (Should Win). One big winner will almost certainly be Jon Stewart, who has earned his chance at Oscar Host greatness. Enjoy the show...

Best Picture
Will Win--Brokeback Mountain
Should Win--Munich

Best Director
Will Win--Ang Lee
Should Win--Paul Haggis

Best Actor
Will Win--Philip Seymour Hoffman
Should Win--Philip Seymour Hoffman

Best Actress
Will Win--Reese Witherspoon
Should Win--Reese Witherspoon

Best Supporting Actor
Will Win--Matt Dillon
Should Win--Matt Dillon

Best Supporting Actress
Will Win--Rachel Weisz
Should Win--Catherine Keener

Adapted Screenplay
Will Win--Brokeback Mountain
Should Win--Munich

Original Screenplay
Will Win--Crash
Should Win--Crash

Best Documentary
Will Win--Murderball
Should Win--Murderball

Best Foreign Film
Will Win--Tsotsi
Should Win--Paradise Now

Best Visual Effects
Will Win--King Kong
Should Win--King Kong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home